Welcome to 1F's Class Information!
We are having a great year, learning and growing together!
Please label these items with your child's name:
- 1 plastic pencil box (about 4 1/2 x 8) marked with their name
- Crayola markers 8 pack broad tip
- Crayola Crayons - 16 pack
- 1 Fiscar blunt tip scissors
- 1 hard marble composition notebook
- 1 blue 2 pocket folder labeled "Writing Folder"
- 1 yellow 2 pocket folder labled "Classwork Folder"
- 1 two pocket folder labled "Spanish" (any folder they choose)
These items will be shared with the class:
- 2 (12 pack) DIXON TICONDEROGA #2 pencils, sharpened
- 10 Elmer's glue sticks
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 3 black white board markers and eraser
- 2 pink erasers
- 2 highlighters
1F Specials Schedule
Tuesday: Art and Library
Remember to wear sneakers on Wednesday and Friday!
To reach our goals this year we will follow the following rules:
1. Raise your hand
2. Keep your hands and feet to yourself
3. Listen when others are speaking
4. Be kind
5. Follow directions
6. Do YOUR best
We finished our Small Moment Writing Unit! Now we are working on Informative Writing. Talk to your child about things that they know alot about. We will continue using "first grade perfect spelling" where we listen for all the sound we hear. :)
As your child becomes a stronger reader, begin working on retelling the text. Try using the words, "first, next and last" to help explain it in sequence. Try making the goal be to read for about 10 minutes. Remember, reading is THINKING! :)
Practice adding and subtracting to 20, as well as number identification to 120.