Welcome to 1F!
I am so excited to have a great year, learning and growing together!
Please label these items with your child's name:
- 1 plastic pencil box (about 4 1/2 x 8) marked with their name
- Crayola markers 8 pack broad tip
- Crayola Crayons - 16 pack
- 1 Fiscar blunt tip scissors
- 1 hard marble composition notebook
- 1 blue 2 pocket folder labeled "Writing Folder"
- 1 yellow 2 pocket folder labled "Classwork Folder"
- 1 two pocket folder labled "Spanish" (any folder they choose)
These items will be shared with the class:
- 2 (12 pack) DIXON TICONDEROGA #2 pencils, sharpened
- 10 Elmer's glue sticks
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 3 black white board markers and eraser
- 2 pink erasers
- 2 highlighters
1F Specials Schedule
Friday: Gym and Art
Remember to wear sneakers on Wednesday and Friday!
To reach our goals this year we will follow the following rules:
1. Raise your hand
2. Keep your hands and feet to yourself
3. Listen when others are speaking
4. Be kind
5. Follow directions
6. Do YOUR best
We will start writing by labeling our pictures. Ask your child to draw a picture and label the things in the picture. As you are writing with your child, please do not spell words rather say it slowly and listen for the sounds you hear. :)
Begin reading aloud with your child, pointing at each word. Try making the goal be to read for about 10 minutes. Remember, reading is THINKING! :)
Practice adding and subtracting to 10, as well as number identification to 120.